Wednesday 25 March 2020

Stay close to Him!


   
     
Dear friend,
Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope this post gives you a bit of comfort in this extremely testing time.

Since I last posted I’ve had a bad bout of shingles – on right side of head, forehead, eyelid, and in eye. It takes a couple of months apparently to get fully fit again, so I am currently self-isolating, along with many others both in the UK and around the world.

No matter what your age or state of health this coronavirus crisis is very scary. As Christians though, we do not have to succumb to our fear. Just stick close to Jesus at all times, and He will help you through whatever comes.

I do believe in the adage: ‘prepare for the worst and hope for the best’ and I feel this has never been more important for so many people. As Jesus said, ‘…you must be ready; for the Son of man is coming at an hour you do not expect.’ Matthew 24:44 Yes, this applies to His Second Coming but also we do not know when He will come to take us individually to our heavenly home.

So here is a plan: Spiritually prepare, then pray often remembering that God dwells within you. We know this is true because Jesus told us emphatically, ‘Anyone who loves Me will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We shall come to him and make a home in him.’ John 14:23

Then use the exercise below – or one of your own - to make a spiritual preparation for this crisis.
1.                 Sit up straight, close your eyes and take a deep in-breath through the nose. Hold that for a few seconds and as you breathe out through the mouth feel the whole of your body relax.
2.                  Now, as you become aware of God’s presence, ask Him to remind you of the times you did not do as you know He would have wanted you to. Dig deep into your soul and spirit and feel the sorrow of that.
3.                   Tell Jesus that you are sorry for your lapses. And that you will try, from this moment on, to do His will.
4.                  Now sit for a few moments simply enjoying God’s company. Feel the love flowing between you.
5.                  When you are ready breathe in and out deeply as before, then open your eyes and have a big stretch.
6.                  As you go about your day pause often to remember God’s presence. Use this opportunity to push away fear because, actually, in the context of everlasting life with Jesus, there is nothing for you to fear. No matter what challenges life brings remember that God is with you and cling on to that truth, and He will see you through even the most testing situations.


We can beat this virus together by staying home to prevent its spread.
May God continue to bless you
Teresa x
UPDATES!!!

I have been asking God for guidance and listening to His replies for many years. I share my methods in Pray Then Listen, A heart-to-heart with God.

Check out Pray Then Listen In UK / In US  / In Singapore

Available as a Kindle version or paperback! 


Set on the green and beautiful Greek island of Corfu in this novel I show the ever-present backstory of life, as I interpret the supernatural elements of our dilemmas and choices. 

I know, that no matter what your beliefs or experiences, you will surely recognize the tussles of my characters, as tussles in your own life....  Enjoy!

Click on the following links to check out my novel, Angel at the Paradise Hotel In UK /  In US / In Singapore

Available as a Kindle version or paperback!

I wrote 9 Days to Heaven, How to make everlasting meaning of your life as my personal evangelization effort.  

Check out 9 Days to Heaven In UK / In US / In Singapore 

Available as a Kindle version or paperback!


Here is the link for the YouTube book trailer:  9 Days to Heaven 

For articles, plus more info about me and my work please visit my website.  (www.teresaodriscoll.co.uk)

I'd love to hear your thoughts or feedback on this post.

God bless,

Teresa 

PS. About the links to Singapore, please see my blog post Singapore and Christianity  


No comments:

Post a Comment