Friday 7 April 2023

Remembering Good Friday's of my past

 

Photograph of the Michelangelo's Pieta - Mary holding the crucified Jesus - taken in the Vatican, taken year 2000.

Hello and welcome!

The quality of my photo is, I freely  admit, not good, but the work of art is incredibly powerful and moving. It speaks of the anguish of Jesus' mother. It shows that Christ died a horrific death, for us, that we might be saved...

Yet, the miracle of His Resurrection was to come three days later.  

For Christians today, Good Friday, is the holiest day of the year. It used to be respected by the whole UK but how things have changed. Despite the fact that Christians are still in the majority here, and King Charles is head of the Church of England we are allowing ourselves to be marginalized...

This morning, as I ate my Hot Cross buns, my mind tumbled backwards to my childhood and Good Fridays then. All the shops were closed. But, because of the Hot Cross buns, cake shops and bakeries were allowed to open for a short time to sell them. Our local cake shop opened at 10 am and my brother and I were waiting to buy our buns for the family breakfast. Though not baked on the premises they were still warm from the oven and absolutely delicious! A treat to be enjoyed once a year. A part of our Christian heritage; a part of our British culture. 

Fortunately the buns are still baked. Now, though, they are sold all year round and have simply become a tasty fruit bun. But I suppose it's not such a big deal. It's only a bun. For me, though, and for all Christians, as I said at the start, this is the holiest day of the year. So, this post will be short as I'm gearing up to our church service, where we meet, and at 3pm remember Christ's death on the cross. Then we read from scripture His Passion. And after that make our way home in silence. 

I hope that you remember Christ's sacrificial death for you, especially on this day.

God bless,

Teresa 

My book Pray Then Listen, A heart-to-heart with God is a prayer guide that shows you how to listen for God's voice in order to draw closer to Him. It is for all. You may not know God yet or you may know Him well, in either case the book can be of great help in deepening Faith. Check out Pray Then Listen

2nd May 23 


Update: I want to share some more good news with you:

My debut novel, Angel at the Paradise Hotel,  Christian fiction - Holidays-romance-suspense - recently launched which is set in Corfu and features characters from Wales, America and Ireland - I think you will love it! Find all the details here.       

               

Also, for more info about me 
please visit my website.  


Blessings, 
Teresa x  



No comments:

Post a Comment