Thursday 6 December 2018

Bereaved at Christmas? Make it all About Jesus!

Christmas card - Bethlehem and Nativity, from Cancer Research

Hello dear friend,

Are you joyful about the coming season of Christmas? Or are you, like me, for whatever reason, dreading it?

Now that we  are in the month of December I am ready to face the fact that Christmas will soon be here. From a religious point of view - celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour of the world - I am glad about that. But for me, still struggling to come to terms with the death of both my parents within 17 months of each other, I am approaching the feastday with trepidation. It was bad enough to lose my mum just before Christmas 2016. But to now picture The Day without my dad too is almost unbelievable...

But, as a firm believer in the afterlife, I do know that they are both fine. And one day soon I plan to tell you about all the metaphysical experiences I have had since my dad passed away. They are definitely for sharing when I feel ready. I want to do this so that you can have hope and belief too.

In the meantime, if you, like me, feel apprehensive about the coming of Christmas, try to keep things in perspective. A good friend said to me recently, "It's only one day!" And she's right. 

So, to turn towards to real meaning of Christmas, remembering that many friends and colleagues and so on, may not be of our faith it's a good opportunity to share by... sending only Christmas cards which relate to the birth of Jesus. I made the decision to do this many years ago. I do know that many of my Christian friends do not. It is quite a small choice to make. But it is a defining one.

We are taught that as Christians we have a duty to evangelize, to spread our love of God with others. Many people feel unable to do so. But a Christmas card depicting the true meaning of Christmas is a good start. I hope you will agree.


Sending you light in the darkness

God bless

Teresa x

UPDATES!!!

I have been asking God for guidance and listening to His replies for many years. I share my methods in Pray Then Listen, A heart-to-heart with God.

Check out Pray Then Listen In UK / In US  / In Singapore

Available as a Kindle version or paperback! 


Set on the green and beautiful Greek island of Corfu in this novel I show the ever-present backstory of life, as I interpret the supernatural elements of our dilemmas and choices. 

I know, that no matter what your beliefs or experiences, you will surely recognize the tussles of my characters, as tussles in your own life....  Enjoy!

Click on the following links to check out my novel, Angel at the Paradise Hotel In UK /  In US / In Singapore

Available as a Kindle version or paperback!

I wrote 9 Days to Heaven, How to make everlasting meaning of your life as my personal evangelization effort.  

Check out 9 Days to Heaven In UK / In US / In Singapore 

Available as a Kindle version or paperback!


Here is the link for the YouTube book trailer:  9 Days to Heaven 


For articles, plus more info about me and my work please visit my website.  (www.teresaodriscoll.co.uk)

God bless,

Teresa 

PS. About the links to Singapore, please see my blog post Singapore and Christianity  



No comments:

Post a Comment