Friday 10 July 2020

Getting to Know Him! - Part Two






From one man [God] created all races of mankind and He made them live throughout the whole earth. He himself fixed beforehand the exact times and limits of the places where they would live. He did this so that they would look for Him, and perhaps find Him as they felt about for Him.
St Paul speaking to the Athenians in the Acts of the Apostles Chapter 17 verses 26 & 27


Dear friend in Christ,
In lock down, where we have been living apart from each other in order to prevent the spread of the potentially lethal Covid-19 virus, many people have finally had the opportunity to be still for a while and have listened to Christ's gentle knocking on the door of their hearts - which is what the above painting by Holman Hunt is depicting.  They have been reaching out by watching or listening to church services, and so on. Many of these people have never even been inside a church.

If you are among those newly reaching out to Jesus for answers and help you may, perhaps, be feeling perplexed about your decision to do this. But. If you read the above Bible quote you can see clearly that this has always been His intention.

From your birth He has been waiting for you to turn to Him. To let Him share your life and to guide you through the good times, bad times, and everything in between. And only when you do that can you achieve your full potential. Until you know what He wants you to do on earth you will never be truly happy or fulfilled!

Start to open out to Christ’s guidance by saying this prayer, or one of your own, Dear Heavenly Father,  I want to get to know You better. Please will you share my life and guide me in all of my decisions? I ask this through Your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen  

I wrote a book showing clearly how to come close to God. It is called 9 Days to Heaven, How to make everlasting meaning of your life


UPDATES!!!

I have been asking God for guidance and listening to His replies for many years. I share my methods in Pray Then Listen, A heart-to-heart with God.

Check out Pray Then Listen In UK / In US  / In Singapore

Available as a Kindle version or paperback! 


Set on the green and beautiful Greek island of Corfu in this novel I show the ever-present backstory of life, as I interpret the supernatural elements of our dilemmas and choices. 

I know, that no matter what your beliefs or experiences, you will surely recognize the tussles of my characters, as tussles in your own life....  Enjoy!

Click on the following links to check out my novel, Angel at the Paradise Hotel In UK /  In US / In Singapore

Available as a Kindle version or paperback!

I wrote 9 Days to Heaven, How to make everlasting meaning of your life as my personal evangelization effort.  

Check out 9 Days to Heaven In UK / In US / In Singapore 

Available as a Kindle version or paperback!


Here is the link for the YouTube book trailer:  9 Days to Heaven 

For articles, plus more info about me and my work please visit my website.  (www.teresaodriscoll.co.uk)

I'd love to hear your thoughts or feedback on this post.


God bless,

Teresa 

PS. About the links to Singapore, please see my blog post Singapore and Christianity  


No comments:

Post a Comment