Monday 28 October 2019

Put Christ back into your Christmas cards!

Hello dear friend,

Thank you so much for stopping by! Today I would like to encourage all Christians to send Christmas cards relevant to the birth of Jesus.

Many Christian friends and relatives have said they do not send religious cards as they can’t find any. The place I buy mine is at the church I go to. So do check yours out as the first port of call. After that, if you can’t find any in your local shops - I have noticed though, that since the pandemic there are more available - there is a list of links below to make it easier for you to get your hands on something relevant to the religious celebration this year.

What it really takes though, I feel, is a decision to only send these relevant cards instead of usual robins and tinsel. Hands up – I used to send these too! Robins happen to be my favourite birds by the way, and I love a lot of tinsel decked around my home and Christmas tree. The decorations sit happily beside my nativity scene crib. But some years ago I made the decision to stick to the point of Christmas in my cards: a religious festival. And when I visit friends and relatives at Christmas and see that often the only religious card among the strings of cards on display in their homes is mine it makes me sad…

You know it would make you feel better to start the celebrations in the right way: commemorating the birth of our Saviour Jesus Christ. Come on, let’s put Christ back into Christmas!

Blessings
Teresa
Here is a selection of the links I found on Google for religious Christmas cards. I have not bought any from them so I have none to recommend personally. But I do read Our Daily Bread daily and can vouch that it is an inspiring read so I’ve put them at the top of the list.















UPDATES!!!

I have been asking God for guidance and listening to His replies for many years. I share my methods in Pray Then Listen, A heart-to-heart with God.

Check out Pray Then Listen In UK / In US  / In Singapore

Available as a Kindle version or paperback! 


Set on the green and beautiful Greek island of Corfu in this novel I show the ever-present backstory of life, as I interpret the supernatural elements of our dilemmas and choices. 

I know, that no matter what your beliefs or experiences, you will surely recognize the tussles of my characters, as tussles in your own life....  Enjoy!

Click on the following links to check out my novel, Angel at the Paradise Hotel In UK /  In US / In Singapore

Available as a Kindle version or paperback!

I wrote 9 Days to Heaven, How to make everlasting meaning of your life as my personal evangelization effort.  

Check out 9 Days to Heaven In UK / In US / In Singapore 

Available as a Kindle version or paperback!


Here is the link for the YouTube book trailer:  9 Days to Heaven 

For articles, plus more info about me and my work please visit my website.  (www.teresaodriscoll.co.uk)

I'd love to hear your thoughts or feedback on this post.

God bless,

Teresa 

PS. About the links to Singapore, please see my blog post Singapore and Christianity  


No comments:

Post a Comment