Thursday 28 December 2023

Feeling blue? Keep Christmas always in your heart!

 

2-minute Bible reading and meditation

Hello, and welcome! 

Today, 28th December, is the 4th Day of Christmas, yet so very many people, Christians included, seem to think that after Christmas Day, the whole celebration is over. Not me, though! Firstly, the Christmas season lasts for 12 days. It ends on 6th January, when we celebrate the feast of the Epiphany. Yet, the rejoicing will never cease as long as we remember that the relevance of Christmas is eternal! 

“What does Christmas mean to you?” is the big question posed on the postage stamp of a Christmas card from a dear friend in Jersey. It’s a good one. 

My answer to the question is that, first and foremost, it is the celebration of the birthday of Christ, the Messiah, God-made-man.  If that is your answer too, yet you still feel a bit down, you can improve your mood by switching your focus back onto the Light of the World.

Jesus spoke to them saying, “I am the light of the world; he who follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12

If you know Christ, or even if you don’t yet know Him, you could try this short meditation to think that over.

Meditation

1. Sit up straight. Breathe in deeply through the nose. Hold a few seconds. Breathe out through the mouth and as you do so feel the whole of your body relax.

2. Now consider Jesus’ words and their meaning.  

3. Read the above Bible quote of St John’s and ponder on it for a few moments.

4. Now say this prayer – or one of your own – “Dear Lord Jesus, only a few short days ago I celebrated Your birthday, but today I feel gloomy. So please will You fill me with Your love and light, and help me to share that with everyone I meet. Amen.”

5. When you are ready breathe in and out deeply as before. Then have a big stretch.

 

May the light and love of Christ's birth fill your heart today and always.    

God bless,

Teresa x

For articles, plus more info about me and my work please visit my website.  (www.teresaodriscoll.co.uk)

BOOKS! BOOKS! BOOKS! 

I have been asking God for guidance and listening to His replies for many years. I share my methods in Pray Then Listen, A heart-to-heart with God.

Check out Pray Then Listen In UK / In US  / In SingaporeIn New Zealand / In Australia

Available as a Kindle version or paperback! 


Set on the green and beautiful Greek island of Corfu in this novel I show the ever-present backstory of life, as I interpret the supernatural elements of our dilemmas and choices. 

I know, that no matter what your beliefs or experiences, you will surely recognize the tussles of my characters, as tussles in your own life....  Enjoy!

Click on the following links to check out my novel, Angel at the Paradise Hotel In UK /  In US / In Singapore / In Australia / In New Zealand

Available as a Kindle version or paperback!

You may like to see my blog on the Backstory of this novel

I wrote 9 Days to Heaven, How to make everlasting meaning of your life as my personal evangelization effort.  

Check out 9 Days to Heaven In UK / In US / In Singapore / In Australia / 

Available as a Kindle version or paperback!


Here is the link for the YouTube book trailer:  9 Days to Heaven 








1 comment: