Monday 6 March 2023

Listening for God's voice - Lenten course Week Two

 Listening for God’s Voice

A Lenten course based on Pray Then Listen, a heart-to-heart with God

Hello and welcome!

I hope you are enjoying listening for God’s voice in your daily life! Throughout the coming weeks I will continue to dip into my prayer guide Pray Then Listen to share more of my methods and experiences. As I always do I will be asking God what He wants me to write about. Though the topics will be those covered in the book, and I will use some direct quotes (not highlighted), the other text will be new.

I wonder how you are getting on in your efforts to make Lent meaningful. In your spiritual preparation for Easter you may be doing something extra for God, or perhaps you are carrying out some form of denial.  No matter what you have chosen I’m sure that more than once you’ve wished it wasn’t Lent! I laugh as I write that; it’s human, and that is our sacrifice for Christ.

I do hope, though, you have been asking Jesus for His help and guidance to keep on going with that sacrifice. If you have, you will already be nearer in relationship to Him.

As I told you last week I have been asking God for guidance and listening to His replies and watching for His guidance for many years.

Check out Pray Then Listen

An example of me listening to God

Last Saturday, 4th March I had a dilemma. I had thought to attend my first meeting of our parish Divine Mercy prayer group. But something was holding me back, including some social options for that afternoon. Feeling confused I asked God to show me what He wanted me to do. Then I sat down to read a booklet on Lent. That day’s reading opened with words about divine mercy. I chuckled. God’s guidance was crystal clear! I joined in with the group and had a wonderful time with prayer, singing and fellowship!


Week Two - Love thy neighbour 

In Pray Then Listen this comes in the section “Christianity as a Lifestyle”

Trying to be loving to everyone we meet can be difficult. Yet, in actively following Christ, we are not supposed to pick and choose.

You shall love your neighbour as yourself

Mark 12:31

As Christians we are therefore encouraged to be as loving and considerate as possible. It is good to remember that you are an ambassador for Christ, and to try to let that shine through as often as humanly possible.

That is sometimes very difficult to carry out, I know. But you could ask God, specifically during this week, to show you how you can do this even more than usual. Try the following prayer or one of your own to focus on this aim.

Prayer to become more loving to everyone 

Dear Heavenly Father, You have made it clear that You expect me to be loving to all. Please show me how to do that even more than usual this week. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen. 

As you go on with your week say the above prayer often and watch out for God’s help and guidance. I have discovered that God responds in many different ways. You have seen one way in the example above. 

God may answer you like this:

Often God speaks an answer into my heart. His words can arrive almost as a whisper, and are easy to miss. So start to listen expectantly and with great attention for His answers this week.

If you have any questions or observations please visit my website for more info or to contact me

God bless,

Teresa 


NEWS NEWS NEWS!
2nd May 23 


Update: I want to share some good news with you:

My debut novel, Angel at the Paradise Hotel,  Christian fiction - Holidays-romance-suspense - recently launched which is set in Corfu and features characters from Wales, America and Ireland - I think you will love it! Find all the details and Backstory here.       



ANOTHER OF MY BOOKS
 

I wrote 9 Days to Heaven, How to make everlasting meaning of your life as my personal evangelization effort.  

Check out 9 Days to Heaven In UK / In US / In Singapore / In Australia / 

Available as a Kindle version or paperback!


Also, For articles, plus more info about me and my work please visit my website.  (www.teresaodriscoll.co.uk)


Blessings, 

Teresa x



 


No comments:

Post a Comment