Monday 27 March 2023

Listening for God's voice - Lenten Course Week Five

  How do you know the voice is from God?

Listening for God’s Voice

A Lenten course based on Pray Then Listen, a heart-to-heart with God

Hello and welcome!

How are you getting along with your chosen Lenten path? I don't know about you but on one hand I can hardly believe that we are barreling towards Holy Week. But on the other, it seems like an age since I adopted my new Lenten practices as my small efforts to prepare to celebrate Easter. God is helping me through though, and I hope you are letting Him help you too. I find that carrying these things out can often lead me into keeping them in my life. For instance, joining the Divine Mercy prayer group has been so enriching that I plan to continue with it. How about you? Do you think you will stick to any of your Lenten observances permanently?  

This week I continue dipping into my prayer guide, Pray Then Listen, A heart-to-heart with God, to share more of my methods and experiences. As before I asked God what He wanted me to write about this week. I have used some direct  quotes (not highlighted), the other text is new.

Check out Pray Then Listen


Week Five – How do you know that the guidance is from God? 

In Pray Then Listen this comes in the section “The Two-Way Street of Prayer”

We have been together for four weeks and I've been sharing how God speaks to me to encourage you towards a more lively, deep, interesting and loving relationship with our Heavenly Father. But. As Blair Crawford, presenter of the wonderful radio programme, "Community Now!", asked me recently during the recording of a radio interview for Hope FM, "How do you know that the guidance is from God?" 

Good question! Here is my answer, starting with a Bible quote. 

Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God, and he who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God; for God is love."  

1 John 4:7-9

There we have it! God is Love and His ways are loving. So when you are inspired from a spirit of love this is always from God through His Holy Spirit - whether you have specifically prayed for guidance or not.   

Prayer for God to make His guidance clear 

Dear Heavenly Father, you know that this Lent I am trying to let you lead me more and more in my life, so when I ask for Your guidance Lord will you please help me to recognize it. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

As the week goes on say the above prayer often and listen expectantly, and watchfully, for God's guidance. As you are discovering He can impart this in many different ways. Try thinking of this as an exciting challenge! 

God may answer you like this:

When you are in trouble and pray and all of a sudden you feel calm and comforted - though nothing has changed: that comfort is from God. St Paul in his letter to the Philippians mentions this, "The peace of God, which surpasses all understanding..." (4:7) This has happened to me in the midst of some of my toughest tests, and that period of respite, no matter how short it was, helped me to carry on. Praise the Lord! 

If you have something similar to share or any questions this course is bringing up in your spirit please do let me know by using the Comments box below. And / or visit my website for more info or to contact me 

God bless,

Teresa 

 To check out Pray Then Listen in the UK


NEWS NEWS NEWS!
2nd May 23 


Update: I want to share some good news with you:

My debut novel, Angel at the Paradise Hotel,  Christian fiction - Holidays-romance-suspense - recently launched which is set in Corfu and features characters from Wales, America and Ireland - I think you will love it! Find all the details and Backstory here.       



Also, for more info about me 
please visit my website.  


Blessings, Teresa x




No comments:

Post a Comment