Sunday 12 March 2023

Listening for God's voice - Lenten course Week Three

 Be thankful for each new day!

Listening for God’s Voice

A Lenten course based on Pray Then Listen, a heart-to-heart with God

Hello and welcome!

I hope you continuing to listen for God’s voice in your daily Lenten challenges! I am confident that, even if you have never had such experiences before, you are growing in Faith through them. If you are already familiar with this kind of exchange, I hope that by making this an integral part of your Lenten observations, it is helping you to deepen your spiritualty. 

This week I will continue dipping into my prayer guide, Pray Then Listen, A heart-to-heart with God, to share more of my methods and experiences. As always I will be asking God what He wants me to write about. Though the topics will be those covered in the book, and I will use some direct quotes (not highlighted), the other text will be new.

Check out Pray Then Listen


Week Three – Be thankful for each new day!

In Pray Then Listen this comes in the section “Give Your Day a Good Beginning and End”

In my spiritual development workshops, when encouraging people to move into a deeper relationship with Christ, some people make the radical - for them - decision to pray in the morning. Something which many never even think of.

This is the day which the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Psalm 118:24

Now, before you dismiss this saying, “Teresa, I have not got time for prayers in the morning. I’m just too busy!” please know that, for me, this is more about making a choice to focus on Christ than spending extra time in prayer. Try this:

Be grateful, first of all, for waking up. Begin by opening your eyes and then rubbing your fingertips together. Follow with this prayer.

Prayer of Thankfulness

Hello Lord, thank You for the gift of a new day. Thank You too that I can see and hear and for my other senses. Please help me to use this day wisely. I ask this in Jesus’ Amen.

As the week goes on say the above prayer often and take note of how it helps you centre your whole day on Christ, reinforcing your awareness of His will in everything you undertake. Here is an example of me responding to God's will.

God may answer you like this:

God may give you a fresh insight into the familiar. This is a shining example of how to recognize that you are indeed hearing God’s voice. For instance, reading over the manuscript of Pray Then Listen I asked Jesus for His opinion on the section “Give Your Day a Good Beginning and End” as I wasn’t sure it was necessary. He spoke into my heart and told me that, on the contrary, it was the most important section of the book! That floored me! I’d been doing this for years but had not understood that it was the foundation of my close relationship with Him. 

If you have any questions or want to share your own insights from God or any observations please post them in the Comments box below. And / or visit my website for more info or to contact me 

God bless,

Teresa 

 To check out Pray Then Listen in the UK


Please note that the book is available everywhere in Paperback and E-book formats.

NEWS NEWS NEWS!
2nd May 23 


Update: I want to share some good news with you:

My debut novel, Angel at the Paradise Hotel,  Christian fiction - Holidays-romance-suspense - recently launched which is set in Corfu and features characters from Wales, America and Ireland - I think you will love it! Find all the details and Backstory here.       



Also, for more info about me 
please visit my website.  

Blessings, Teresa x





No comments:

Post a Comment