Friday 1 September 2023

Poem by Pauline Lewis inspired by Pray Then Listen!

 A favourite riverbank close to my home in Wales

Hello dear friend,

Thanks so much for dropping by today. I do hope that what you read inspires you in some way, and makes your day a little brighter. I am writing this post on 1st September and I do love this month. It goes back to childhood, I think, and the new autumn school term. I used to love school. Later in my life, I often signed up for evening classes starting this month. I fondly remember Spanish lessons and art classes. Great fun! Today, I am eager to share a lovely poem with you.

Recently my dear friend, and fellow Christian author, Pauline Lewis, was kind enough to review my prayer guide, Pray Then Listen. She said, “I am being blessed by Pray Then Listen. It has become a valued part of my prayer time.” Since Pauline has dedicated so much of her life to working for Christ, even becoming a missionary in what was then called Papua New Guinee, I felt humbled by her feedback.

One section of Pray Then Listen leads you into ways to help to bring the Bible alive. One of the Bible passages I use is based on John 9:1-41, the man born blind. After carrying out the exercise using my methods Pauline was inspired to write this poem.


MEDITATION

To use Pauline's poem as a meditation, start by breathing in deeply, holding that breath for a few seconds, then, as you breathe out feel the whole of your body relax.

 

Now read the poem slowly, ideally aloud, using your whole focus.

 

BORN BLIND – by Pauline Lewis

Newborn babe, sound in mind,

Heart and limb, just blind,

Born blind.

No gentle dog to guide his way

Art or skill to help each day,

He’s blind, born blind, blind he will stay.

He’s blind.

 

God’s curse is on him, men may say.

‘Who sinned? Who sinned,’ he hears each day.

But Jesus comes, he is the Way

To help this man born blind.

 

With mud and spittle making clay

‘Now go and wash’ he hears him say.

How gladly, gladly he’ll obey.

Now he’s no longer blind!

 

And men may grumble and complain.

‘Do not believe in Christ’, they say

But he’s seen the rainbow in the rain

And looked on the face of God.

 

Born blind, born blind is what men say,

But now he knows another way.

Born blind indeed he may have been,

Yet born for the glory of God.

 

When you have finished reading the poem close your eyes for a few moments and think over the words. Finish the meditation by breathing in, holding that breath for a few moments, and after you breath out slowly, have a big stretch.

Whenever I learn that my books and other writings have encouraged and inspired a reader, I thank the Lord for that blessing. I am in awe of such a response. I think you will agree that Pauline’s poem is brilliant! Visit Pauline’s blog to check out her other works using this link: plreadywriter.blogspot.co.uk

For more inspiration through my work please see below:


I have been asking God for guidance and listening to His replies for many years. I share my methods in Pray Then Listen, A heart-to-heart with God.

Check out Pray Then Listen In UK / In US  / In Singapore

Available as a Kindle version or paperback! 


Set on the green and beautiful Greek island of Corfu in this novel I show the ever-present backstory of life, as I interpret the supernatural elements of our dilemmas and choices. 

I know, that no matter what your beliefs or experiences, you will surely recognize the tussles of my characters, as tussles in your own life....  Enjoy!

Click on the following links to check out my novel, Angel at the Paradise Hotel In UK /  In US / In Singapore

Available as a Kindle version or paperback!

I wrote 9 Days to Heaven, How to make everlasting meaning of your life as my personal evangelization effort.  

Check out 9 Days to Heaven In UK / In US / In Singapore 

Available as a Kindle version or paperback!



For more info about me and my work please visit my website.  (www.teresaodriscoll.co.uk)

I'd love to hear your thought on Pauline's poem, or any other feedback on this post today.


God bless,

Teresa 


PS. About those links to Singapore, please see my blog post Singapore and Christianity  "



No comments:

Post a Comment