Monday 18 September 2023

Sharing your love of Christ gently!

 

Me at Llantwit Major beach, South Wales, UK. 

Hello and Welcome!

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope that you and yours are keeping well! Today my mind is turning on evangelization, the sharing of our Christian faith, and how we are all, as baptized Christians, called upon to do that. But I know, from personal experience, that it's not always an easy thing to do. And it can even be a bit of a balancing act, like me on that wall in the photo above... 

Many years ago when I tried to do that it felt more like I was supposed to 'stand up for Christ' and it often led to an argument. An argument during which I felt completely out of my depth as I am not a theologian. There is a saying in the UK relating to say, a dinner party, or gathering of friends if you want to keep things harmonious: "Never argue about religion or politics." How true that is! And after one particularly bitter exchange I made the decision to never argue about religion again. 

Well, for some years I mostly kept quiet. But one day I knew I had to start speaking up again though I didn't know how to do that. I wasn't going to argue with anyone on the subject of Christianity. So, how on earth was I going to share my faith? I prayed about it. 

I began to speak my truth very gently. When people said, for instance, that they no longer believed in God as something bad had happened to someone in their family I would empathize. Tragedy has also struck my own family, and I had felt like turning my back on God. They shared their story and I shared mine. I told them I could understand their turning away. But I had, eventually, decided that as God is Love He must have a reason for letting X happen. And I had decided to trust Him. I explained that God is as real to me as them and that Jesus has been my best friend since I was about seven years old.

And if you are wondering how the conversation went on after that let me tell you. Most people looked wistful, and said they wished they had what I had. In answer to that, and following me praying I had the following advice, which you may want to try out for yourself... 

If you want to know if God exists

When you next have a few quiet minutes alone: Open your heart and say to God, "If you are there God I want to know You." If He has anything to say then, let Him speak. And if not go about your business but keep open for His reply. Then, get a Bible, and go to a church service. 

I know that sounds very simple, but St Paul tells us clearly in Acts 17:27 that God made us so that we would seek Him. And "By feeling [our] way towards Him [we]would succeed in finding Him..." 

After that, being a writer, I wrote a book based on Revelation 3:20 "Behold I stand at the door and knock..." The book is 9 Days to Heaven, How to make everlasting meaning of your life. I call it a Programme, as it takes place over a 9 day period, 15 minutes a day, where you slowly get to know God better through simple prayers and meditation. I am confident that it will free you from the fear and confusion about life that fills you when you are trying to live without God. 

I wrote 9 Days to Heaven, How to make everlasting meaning of your life as my personal evangelization effort.  

Check out 9 Days to Heaven In UK / In US / In Singapore 

Available as a Kindle version or paperback!


Here is the link for the YouTube book trailer:  9 Days to Heaven 

Here are some detail of my other two books.

I have been asking God for guidance and listening to His replies for many years. I share my methods in Pray Then Listen, A heart-to-heart with God.

Check out Pray Then Listen In UK / In US  / In Singapore

Available as a Kindle version or paperback! 


Set on the green and beautiful Greek island of Corfu in this novel I show the ever-present backstory of life, as I interpret the supernatural elements of our dilemmas and choices. 

I know, that no matter what your beliefs or experiences, you will surely recognize the tussles of my characters, as tussles in your own life....  Enjoy!

Click on the following links to check out my novel, Angel at the Paradise Hotel In UK /  In US / In Singapore

Available as a Kindle version or paperback!


For articles, plus more info about me and my work please visit my website.  (www.teresaodriscoll.co.uk)

I'd love to hear how you got on if you tried out my method of speaking to God, or shared it with someone who didn't yet know Him. 


God bless,

Teresa 

PS. About the links to Singapore, please see my blog post Singapore and Christianity  

PPS If you are living in Singapore I would really love to hear of your personal faith journey. Perhaps you would like to do that through my website via Contact me.


No comments:

Post a Comment