Monday 9 September 2024

Appreciate life like Princess of Wales!

 

Hello, and welcome!  

Thank you for dropping in. I like to think that you are keeping well, even as I acknowledge that life is not always filled with roses! Today I was very touched by the video message from the Princess of Wales giving us an update on her health. It is great news that she has now finished her chemotherapy treatments, though the journey to full recovery continues. The short film, with voiceover by the princess, is a beautiful seamless collage of home-shot clips and professional photography giving a rare glimpse into this close-knit, loving and affectionate family. 

The video followed, the princess and her husband, the Prince of Wales, and their three children, as they walked in the woods, paddled in the sea, and played together during their August holiday in Norfolk. Facing her own mortality the princess has a fresh perspective on life.

It is common for a survivor of a potentially life-threatening illness, or various other close-brushes with death, to feel a new and deeper appreciation of life. I mention this in my book Pray Then Listen (see details below) where I share that many years ago, after hearing of yet another case of that, I decided to follow their example of renewed appreciation, thankfully without the trauma.

That began, and continues to this day, by expressing gratitude for the very fact of waking up. And you may like to do this too.

Begin by opening your eyes then rubbing your fingertips together. Then say this prayer.

“Hello Lord

Thank You for the gift of a new day. And thank You too that I can see, and hear, and for all my other senses and faculties.

Please help me to use this day wisely.

I ask this in Jesus’ name.

Amen.”


 May your choice to appreciate life more bring you ever closer to God. I would love to hear from you about this.

Teresa x


I have been asking God for guidance and listening to His replies for many years. I share my methods in Pray Then Listen, A heart-to-heart with God.

Check out Pray Then Listen In UK / In US  / In SingaporeIn New Zealand / In Australia

Available as a Kindle version or paperback! 

"Angel at the Paradise Hotel is an inspiring, touching and moving novel for the ages, generating faith, optimism, and, above all, hope. A very enjoyable read, which I highly recommend!" Georges N. Chamchoum, Emmy and multiple award-winning film director and producer

Click on the following links to check out Angel at the Paradise Hotel In UK /  In US / In Singapore / In Australia / In New Zealand

Available as a Kindle version or paperback!

I wrote 9 Days to Heaven, How to make everlasting meaning of your life as my personal evangelization effort.  

Check out 9 Days to Heaven In UK / In US / In Singapore / In Australia / 

Available as a Kindle version or paperback!


Here is the link for the YouTube book trailer:  9 Days to Heaven 

For articles, plus more info about me and my work please visit my website.  (www.teresaodriscoll.co.uk) You could check out my short video on the Goodness of God



No comments:

Post a Comment